There is a momentum building...
it is the deep intentionality of women (and men) worldwide to participate in co-creating a better world.
At the Parliament of the World's Religions in Melbourne, December 3-9, 2009,
it has been seen as the Sacred Feminine arising.


At every event that converges perspectives, it is being grown exponentially.

This writing is a window into how this sweet energy of change coalesced
around the UN Copenhagen Climate Change Conference, December 7-18, 2009.
The unity that emerged worldwide,
as technology brought together over 13 million signatures, thousands of vigils, images of every generation,
speaking powerfully in "accord", as One for the earth.

Friday, December 18, 2009

The Real Deal at Copenhagen

I'm closing a circle tonight. A circle I have been holding with countless others, that our countries might do something at the UN Copenhagen Climate Change Conference that would bring the human family together around our common planetary crisis.

I've wondered why I was so focused on this event, when so many political world events have come and gone in my relatively apolitical life. Of course, the issue is rather compelling... only the survival of the earth... you'll forgive me, I hope, if I confess that I haven't really comprehended at a gut level this potential reality.

Tonight I know why I was so intrigued... by Bill McKinnon's invitation to candle vigils at http://www.350.org/, the World Council of Churches bell-ringing campaign at http://www.oikoumene.org/en/events-sections/countdown-to-climate-justice/bellringing.html, the Real Deal initiative at http://tcktcktck.org/events/major-moments/real-deal , the signature campaign at https://secure.avaaz.org/en/save_copenhagen/ , and by the smaller initiatives I featured in this blog, sent out through the women's networks that I participate it... by all the moment-by-moment Internet weaving that happened through Facebook and Twitter and...

It wasn't the leaders who were making history these past two weeks... WE were making history! WE were the voices of the masses connected and empowered by technology! And I participated... I participated in the greatest self-organization of human beings yet to be seen on this planet!

WE mobilized ourselves...no one told us to. WE spoke our passions and hopes, our observations and demands! And WE were united, not so much in the details of our perspectives, but very much in the sense of mutual accountability for our One Interconnected Home World. There is no question that this united awareness will be a lasting "accord" of great significance...

No comments:

Post a Comment